You’ve captured your screens, you have made some edits or collaborated with your team on the Storyline, now you’re ready to publish and show your demo to the world! You can publish your demo straight from the Storyline editor, in the upper right corner of the screen. If you or one of your colleagues have already published a demo from that storyline, it will ask you if you want to update it, or create a separate one. Since Storylines are like templates, you can have one storyline which can result in various demos which are curated for your intended audience. Want to start publishing demos? Us too! Follow along for the instructions below.
- Locate your storyline you wish to publish as a demo from the homepage.
- If your storyline does not require any additional edits, you can hover over the thumbnail and choose Create Demo.
- If you want to add any final touches, or work on your Storyline a bit more, choose Open Storyline. Once you’re done editing, click Publish Demo in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- You’ll be prompted with a pop up window which asks you to do the following:
Name your demo: This will be used internally to identify your demo.
Choose a demo goal: How do you intend to use your demo?
Connect to your CRM (Optional): Choose either Salesforce or Hubspot to connect the contact’s details in which you’re sending it to.
Personalization: If you have added any Variables, this is where you can customize those to be unique to your viewer.
- After filling out the information in the pop up window, click the Create Demo button.
- You’ll see a notification that allows you to click Play Demo so you can get a preview of what your prospect will see right away.
- If you wish to make any customizations to your demo, head back to your homepage, and click on the Demos section.
- You should see the demo you just created appear first. Click Share Demo when hovering over the thumbnail to make any additional changes.
How do I limit or change who can access my demo?
To make changes to who can access your demo, you can check out this article which goes into detail about who has permission to view your demo.
Can I embed my demo on another website?
Absolutely! You can find the instructions to embed your demo here.
How will I know if someone viewed my demo?
Great question, you are in full control of knowing who viewed your demo. That’s why we have specific settings you can enable, read about them here.
Can viewers comment on my demo?
Yes! We know how important getting quality feedback is, so we created the option to turn on commenting for demos. This is completely optional, but if you’re interested, check out how to turn it on here.