Dynamic linking automatically links your template screens according to how you click through your product upon capturing through the extension. Before you even begin editing your template and adding guides or links, the template will already have the elements linked on every page!
If you do not want some elements linked, you can always make edits from within the template. As you add new screens, or remove old ones, the links will be dynamically updated.
Using the Dynamic Linking Feature
When starting to capture a new template, make sure you have continuous capture mode turned on! Then begin capturing your desired flow.
After you've captured all your desired screens, go to the template in the platform. You'll see that all of the elements on your page are automatically linked!
Head to the settings menu by clicking on the gear wheel in the top right. Within the settings, there are three auto-linking options.
- As the default option, having auto-linking enabled on will ensure multiple links are added per screen. It will ensure that that each screen in which the same URL is recognized, the elements are linked together.
Capture flow auto-links
- This option will create one link per screen, specifically on the element you used to navigate to the following screen captured.
- This will remove all links from the template and will require that you manually re-link any elements where needed.
Important to Note 📝
- This feature is enabled for all users. Even with the feature turned on, users always have the liberty to remove some, or all links if need and instead focus only on guides.
- If a new URL is captured within the same template, all already captured screens will be updated simultaneously.
- Auto-linking settings are turned on for the entire template as a whole. It cannot be enabled per screen.
To see how to use dynamic linking, check out the following demo: