In order to use this feature, you must be an Editor, Admin or Account Owner in Walnut.
Learn more about each role.
Display options is a new way to determine how your demo gets displayed across different browser screens. By setting the display option to individual screens or an entire template, you can ensure your demo looks how you intend it to, no matter how your viewers size their browser window. Choose from Dynamic Screen Size, Proportional Fit or Fixed Width views which all have their different benefits depending on the way you intend your demo to be viewed. Let’s show you how to access these settings, and then we’ll demonstrate what each one does, in a demo!
- Open up a template in the Editor.
- Head to Template Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Expand the Display Options section to view the different options.
- By default, new screens are captured with the Dynamic Screen Size setting toggled, unless you change the setting for your template first, and then continue to capture new screens into it.
- By changing the Display Options in the Template Settings, it will change the screen view for every screen in the template.
- You can choose to change specific screens by hovering over a screen thumbnail, choosing the three dots in the upper right corner, and selecting Display Options from the dropdown menu.
- From here, you’ll be presented with the same options listed in the Template Settings, but if you choose a different selection to the Template Settings, you’ll receive a prompt to confirm your selection.
For a more hands-on walkthrough, we (obviously) have an interactive demo for you!
Elements on the screen adjust to fit the browser size as it changes. This is ideal for a genuine representation of your product, if you want the viewer to be able to view your product exactly like how it would replicate on their screen.
The size of the screen is adjusted so the whole screen is displayed in your browser. This is useful if you want to ensure your viewer sees the entire screen, which is ideal for when you showcase elements in top and bottom corners, as well as adjusting your demo when embedding on a landing page.
The size of the screen is set to the original capture dimension, and can be set to any other specified width. This option is perfect for forcing your demo to be viewed at a specific width, which ensures your viewer only sees the screen as you intend it to be. This could be useful for showcasing mobile or tablet versions, or simply disabling the responsive capability altogether.
How do I turn off this feature?
If you want to reset your screen view settings, simply choose the Dynamic Screen Size option from either the Template Settings, or a specific screen.