Custom domains allow you to serve Walnut demos behind your domain.
To set up a custom domain, you may need to contact your IT department as this requires accessing your DNS settings. We're happy to communicate directly with your team if needed!
Please note: Adding a custom domain is a paid feature and may not be included in your current Walnut subscription. Please contact your CSM to enable Custom Domains.
Enabling your custom domain
- Create a CNAME DNS record for your custom domain that points to:
For example, if your primary domain is
awesome.com and your custom domain is
demos.awesome.com, you should create a CNAME record for
demos.awesome.com that points to
custom-domain.teamwalnut.com should be written exactly as
2. Submit a ticket using this form, and a member of the Support Team will help complete the setup!
3. Once setup is complete, you can begin using your custom domain immediately.
Important to Note 📝
- Once a CNAME record is in-place, your demo will be served securely, over HTTPS connection. Our systems will provision a valid SSL certificate and the demos will be served securely using TLS 1.2.
- If DNS records are changed or deleted, Walnut demos will stop working. Please be sure to update if there are changes made.
- With a custom domain, the new URL would change from the original host name: